It is most important that women who are pregnant eat a nutritious diet full of vitamins and nutrients for her health as well as for the health of her baby. The development of her baby can depend greatly on the amount of proper nutrients that she consumes on a daily basis. It can be difficult for busy women who are pregnant to eat health when they are always on the go. Below is a list of healthy snacks for moms-to-be. This can be helpful for those who do not have enough time to prepare healthy snacks all day.
- Healthy Dry Cereal – Dry cereal can be satisfying and filling for many women who enjoy snacks on the go. They can fit into a Ziploc baggie or in an airtight contain for easy access. These types of cereals contain healthy fiber and other nutrients including folic acid. Try staying away from the cereal that has added sugar. This can be bad for a pregnant woman’s health.
- Soy Chips – These are tasty healthy snacks for moms-to-be, and they contain a good amount of protein derived from soy. Many women get their daily allowance by snacking on foods rich in protein. This is a great way to stay healthy, and keep the stomach full of nutritious food.
- Smoothies – This can be a great way to pack in the calcium as well as the protein into a diet. These smoothies can be taken on the go in the car or on the train. It is an easy way for a pregnant woman to get a great deal of nutrients in one snack.
- Edamame – These healthy snacks for moms-to-be are full of fiber and protein. They offer a refreshing way to eat healthy and stay full. Many pregnant women find that these can be packed in individual snack sizes at the beginning of the week to be easy to grab on the go.
- String Cheese – This is a great snack for nearly everyone. String cheese is typically a low fat, low calorie snack that is high in calcium and protein. This offers a good way to stay energized and full throughout the day.
- Apples – The age old saying, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” has some merit. They are among the health snacks for moms-to-be that can be easily carried on the go. An apple stays good for many days, and does not usually require refrigeration.
- Granola Bars – These little bars are great for food on the go. The granola found in these bars are a healthy treat, and they usually have some sort of tasty sweet treat inside such as peanut butter or chocolate. It is important to choose whole grain granola bars to provide healthy snacks for moms-to-be.
- Nuts – Packing a baggie full of nuts can be a great way to get minerals like magnesium and potassium on the go. When looking for healthy snacks for moms-to-be, this should top the list.
- Popcorn – This can be a great way to get a quick snack in at the office. This snack is traditionally low in calories as long as it is not slathered with butter.
Choosing healthy snacks for mothers-to-be is important for many women who are on the go. Eating right is essential to maintain a healthy pregnancy. The growth and development of the baby depends on the nutrients that the mother-to-be consumes. Along with taking a prenatal vitamin daily, a pregnant woman should be eating a balanced diet full of all the major nutrients. When in doubt, it can be a good idea to check with the doctor to ask for a few suggestions on what to eat, and what not to eat when pregnant.