The benefits of online shopping are many, with convenience topping the list. quickstamp Here are some quick advantages to purchasing a product online:
1. Convenience – Online shopping allows consumers to shop at their convenience, regardless of day or time. Consumers can also save time and money by not having to travel to retail stores to research or shop for an item
2. The browse factor – Consumers are not obligated to make a purchase and can simply browse for what they’d like, and pick it up later when they have more time, or are ready to buy
3. Competitive pricing and price comparisons – No more do consumers have to physically travel from store to store, comparing the price of sneakers, quickstamp or calling travel agents to get the best deal on flights. Some websites even crawl the Web for you, seeking out prices of the same item from different retailers
4. World class shopping – You can purchase Swiss chocolates from a chocolatier in Switzerland, or Florida oranges directly from a family-run grove stand. The world is your shopping cart
Just like regular brick and mortar retailers, quickstamp online merchants also benefit (and suffer) from word of mouth and happy or unhappy customers, so here are things to keep in mind when shopping or purchasing online:
1. Reputation – Word of mouth and references also apply to online merchants. Ask around if friends or famil y have ever used a particular website, and learn from their experience
2. E-Service – Does the website list a telephone number or street address? quickstamp Look for sites that are professional and user-friendly, and provide other methods of contacting the company instead of email
3. Privacy – Privacy is the number one reason consumers do not shop online. qqstamp Make sure the website utilizes something called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. This solves the problem of credit card numbers being intercepted between you and the merchant
4. Full Cost Disclosure – Perhaps nothing is more frustrating when shopping online than when you are ready to purchase your item, only to discover that all sorts of fees, charges or excessive shipping costs are added up at check-out time.
5. Security During Check-Out – When you are ready to order online or submit personal information, you’ll notice that when you click “buy,” you’ll be transferred to another website with the prefix “https” in the address. You’ll also see a security padlock icon at the bottom of the page, outdoorsfan which indicates that all your banking details are secure. Further, only utilize websites that employ Secure HTTP (S-HTTP), which scrambles information while transmitting individual messages securely. S-HTTP technology works in tandem with SSL, providing an extra layer of security, ensuring that information cannot be read by another browser
Overall, shopping online ( be it clothes, electronic items, travel and, etc.) requires a little bit of common sense for you to make a smart purchase at the best price from a reputable, online merchant you’re comfortable doing repeat business with.